Thursday, April 21, 2005

Streetcar Named Desire [B-]

Very good performances in a very well written, but depressing, show. It's hard to find characters that you like in this play. Nonetheless, I thoroughly enjoyed the show.

Warning: it's 3 hours long, so be prepared.

Good News: the newly renovated Roundabout Studio 54 is very comfortable - it's what a modern Broadway theatre should be.


[After reading the reviews, I have decided that they are right and I was wrong. This show, despite being quite technically good, lacks the raw emotion needed by the play. Stanley just isn't as dangerous and smolering as he should be, and the chemistry between Stanley and Blanche isn't scary, or even exciting. I've only seen scenes from the movie, but I think they got the chemistry right there. I'm now rating it B-]


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home